16 août 2006

Banana

- How are you? - I'm sorry? - I said, how are you? - Good. - You are not from this area, are you? - Yes. Why? - Most people who live around here come in and stand in front of me looking like this with their head in their hands and they look down and they say stuff like «I'm so depressed» when I ask how they're doing. They seem to be waiting for some sort of sympathy or something, I don't know. - I see. I live just across the Main. - Really! You don't seem like your from here. I mean you look good and all. You could easily be confused for the Esperanzza type. I'm used to seeing always the same faces in here. You french? You know my girlfriend is french! - Hmm... French. Feisty, eh? - You bet! She's a real tough one! Want veggies or brown rice? If I were you, I'd go for the veggies! I mean, you have enough already with those black beans to last till the morning! - Veggies. Why not? - Anything to drink? - How about one of those organic green teas. - Sure thing. Here you go. Where you sitting? I suggest the other side. It's much brighter. Sun drops right in. Perfect for reading and stuff if you feel like hanging around a little. I'm sure you must be a reader. You look like the reading type. What are you into these days? Da Vinci code? Harry Potter? - Banana. -No, no I meant, what are you reading? - Banana. -Huh? -Yoshimoto. Yoshimoto, Banana. That's her name. - She writes recipes or something? - Not quite. She writes short stories. Simple, precise and strange short stories about young people having trouble in their relationships. For example, how a man falls in love over and over again with married women and how, in the end, he feels so empty, he finds nothing better to do than reading books written by Banana Yoshimoto over a warm tea cup in a trendy coffee shop. - I see. Well, I hope you'll enjoy your meal... - Thanks.

4 commentaires:

Christian Roy, aka Leroy a dit...
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blogue.
Christian Roy, aka Leroy a dit...

Yes sometimes it flows better in Kerouac's tongue. As long as it flows, can you feel the vibes, ô my brother? You've been linked to LKM.

Christian Roy, aka Leroy a dit...

J'ai commencé à lire Lézard. Très intéressant. Il y a de la liquidité dans tout ça. Je développe tranquillement une fascination pour le Japon, comme dans Toy Story:

« Nous allons être vendus au musée Komunichi. C'est au Japon. »

Bourbon a dit...

Je suis content. Un jour, quand nous serons plus jeune, nous irons ensemble nous promener sous les cerisiers. Et les enfants nous observeront du haut de leurs trois pommes.